Radio Imaging Technologyaimslahore
Radio Imaging Technology
This program offers students the opportunity to study medical imaging. Medical imaging is the technique used to create images of the human body for clinical purposes; to reveal, diagnose or examine disease, or for medical science which includes the study of normal anatomy and physiology.
Students who opt for this program will become radiographers or medical imaging technologists. A radiographer is a trained health professional who works with state of the art technology to produce X-rays, CT (computed tomography) scans, MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scans and other medical images that are helpful in assisting clinical radiologists and other doctors in making a diagnosis.
The core focus will be on:
- Equipping students with relevant technological skills
- Handling of imaging equipment
- Development of interpersonal skills
- Maintaining careful attention to procedure
- Inculcating empathy, cultural sensitivity, and highest ethical standards
This degree will give you the relevant knowledge to
- Thoroughly understand the body’s structure
- See how the body is affected by injury
- Recognize the causes and effects of disease/injury
Radio Imaging technologists are needed in every health care setting.
You could work in:
- A large hospital
- An outpatient clinic
- A physician’s office
- Imaging centers
- Mobile imaging service centers